Bleach Power
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a bleach rp site that is for fun only.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Got any Ideas

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Atlas
Admin
Atlas

Got any Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got any Ideas   Got any Ideas - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 2:09 am

chattango's the same way marcus, if anything its worse. Forumotion has the BEST chat box I've ever seen. period.

no your not getting me with the image thing marcus. its description is part of the image. This is what it looks like bud.

Got any Ideas - Page 2 Untitl10

see what i mean now by no description? Its like that on all the images.

yes i know about the custom titles box but thats only ONE field. Also members DON'T like having to add that stuff to their signature. Its alot more appealing to have a field for it that shows up neatly in the mini profile as apposed to getting in the way of all their nice signature coding. I know because I have asked many people about this.

i really don't undersand what you mean by your 4th paragraph man.

Well before i get into it, i posted that strictly for shits n giggles. now that thats outta the way i need to agrue about you actually being wrong. If you were searching for a bleach rp site and you saw that as the url you would tempted to see just who things they have the best. you wouldn't avoid it altogether. I know i wouldn't, i'd HAVE to check out who thinks they are the best.

Also i noticed you didn't comment on the site name. Whats your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://bleachpower.rpg-board.net
Marcus

PostSubject: Re: Got any Ideas   Got any Ideas - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 5:30 pm

Actually bud, I would be completely turned off, if I see "Best" anything in the name, I immediately walk the other direction, because it's never been the best. Typically, it's always a crap quality.

As for the buttons, that's just for the site buttons, and more often than not, sites will run it and make their own custom button images for the sake of keeping things interesting and unique. Don't look at it as an obstacle, but as another way to stand out. You don't get far in life at all cutting corners. What you see as a hassle might in fact boost the site's ratings.

As for members not liking things. A member that doesn't enjoy keeping their own information up to date isn't a member worth having, just saying. You want members with a passion and desire to actually take part in the site. Look at Gates as an example, we had decent members there, active and ready to have fun. They all kept their own information up to date. My running group has always been those who kept the standard and enjoyed keeping their information. So, I hate to say it, but, the folks you asked, had to have been lazy. Then again, we also don't HAVE to require that they do anything like post sigs with their character information. That's what character apps are for, they store ALL of the character's information.

4th Paragraph: What I was saying is that, there's no legitimate point in making custom tier fields or anything of the like like what we had for stats on Gates. Allow more than one character per account, makes the site much less messy.
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Admin
Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Got any Ideas   Got any Ideas - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:04 pm

well your one of the very few people who wouldn't, most people would atleast look at it

your still not getting me here man -.- Yes I DO want to change them, they just don't have names to match each image field.

..your not making any sense here. this doesn't make any sense compared with what i said, how does saying they would prefer a field in the mini profile rather then posting their info in the signature? how does that make them lazy? Its a matter of placement, not how often they up date stuff. Also our members keep their stuff up to date? what are you talking about?

well i can think of a few fields that are nice to have. Like race (if its not the group) rank, links to profile, tiers, masterly levels, current topic, and others depending on whatever i wanta do. I mean its not needed stuff but it does make the place look alittle bit better and more extra optional fields are better than the basic ones.
Back to top Go down
Alric Wilmot

Alric Wilmot

PostSubject: Re: Got any Ideas   Got any Ideas - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 8:26 pm

guys, I have a question. Why is switching to proboards going to fix everything? I know Marcus said it was more popular, but I joined the site straight from google. I'm sure many other people do that as well. I was even a former proboards user, I barely had any learning curve at all. I'm just not quite sure why this is the answer to everything.

Who's to say we won't die again on proboards? What will prevent that? And for that matter, why are we limiting ourself to just two options? Is it because proboards and forummotion are the 2 best choices?

Sorry, I'm just trying to understand what really happened. Because as far as I could see, the site died when we delayed the main plot too long.
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Admin
Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Got any Ideas   Got any Ideas - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:06 am

well we are debating on it right now because its the very first step of making the new site. If a change in hosts needs to happen we need to decide now before we get everything moved. Marcus (and i do alittle bit) think that groups of users tend to favor one forum host over the next purely for interface reasons. Its not much but anything is a good change. We will address more questions on making the place better when we tackle this subject.

well forummotion and proboards have the biggest community of users, thats why we are debating over it.

My personal opinion of why the place died was because everyone was making profiles but never got posting. wither it be because they didn't feel like starting a topic or the application process was so long that they got bored. Also, i think that plot was probably my worst plot yet. I didn't have the right ways to execute it. It looked better as a plot than being carried out. BUt we will tackle plot in abit like i said before.
Back to top Go down
Marcus

PostSubject: Re: Got any Ideas   Got any Ideas - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Atlas wrote:
well your one of the very few people who wouldn't, most people would atleast look at it

your still not getting me here man -.- Yes I DO want to change them, they just don't have names to match each image field.

..your not making any sense here. this doesn't make any sense compared with what i said, how does saying they would prefer a field in the mini profile rather then posting their info in the signature? how does that make them lazy? Its a matter of placement, not how often they up date stuff. Also our members keep their stuff up to date? what are you talking about?

well i can think of a few fields that are nice to have. Like race (if its not the group) rank, links to profile, tiers, masterly levels, current topic, and others depending on whatever i wanta do. I mean its not needed stuff but it does make the place look alittle bit better and more extra optional fields are better than the basic ones.

That's the thing though man, you'd be adding in singular character information to one account. That's what you're caught up in thinking. I think that characters shouldn't be limited to their own unique forum profile, it makes things messy and requires folks to have a massive number of email addresses. And custom titles can be added on Proboards do to things like add names. It's not limited to a single title/line. That's something that can be opened up in privileges and any member can do themselves.

And dude, they ARE named. Those icons visible by the image code you showed earlier is the definition as to what they are. You just switch the image code with your personal button image. Simple as that. Not sure what you're getting hung up about.

As for one of the few, like I said, you must've not been hanging around the folks that have kept themselves on advanced RP forums. Any Advanced RP forum will harbor a group of dedicated members that stray away from advertisements like "Come join the best bleach site around!". That's a n00b's advertisement that only attracts less than desirable members. Veteran RPers look for things like "We are an advanced RP forum, a community consisted of solely dedicated and worthwhile members who strive, just as our staff to provide you with a memorable RP experience." It's called advertisement tact. If you make things simple, then you get simple (and lazy) members. Keep things eloquent and above the minimum standard and you get the members you're looking for.

Simple no? I mean, I'm just giving you the standard of what's expected from a good advanced site, you know me, I refuse to cut corners. But, if we're going to go the route of the less than advanced, let me know so I can resign. I'm not threatening just to get my way or anything, I just try to keep a general standard at all times.
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Admin
Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Got any Ideas   Got any Ideas - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:13 pm

No i'm not mate, extra fields can also be used to put the name of the characters they have. Your just not thinking of the possibilities mate.

I know its a noob advertisement, thats why i said that it was purely for fun reasons when i mentioned that title. so hows about you give us some info on some of the real title ideas that i gave instead of breaking down the one that wasn't serious.

Last edited by Atlas on Sun May 08, 2011 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alric Wilmot

Alric Wilmot

PostSubject: Re: Got any Ideas   Got any Ideas - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 4:17 pm

I think Marcus has a point. Although, wouldn't RPers of that caliber not mind which forum it was made in, so long as it was well made?
Back to top Go down
Atlas
Admin
Atlas

PostSubject: Re: Got any Ideas   Got any Ideas - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 12:19 am

ok lets try proboards. I just made the account and went with eternal strife. If you don't think the name is good tell me now before i start adding shit too it. marcus i'm really gunna need your help here. I figure your a proboards expert and i'd judge myself at about a novice right now. I can get my way around alright but the fine tuning might have to fall on you for awhile. I hope your alright with that.here is the url:

bleacheternalstrife.proboards.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got any Ideas   Got any Ideas - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Got any Ideas
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Bleach Power :: Site Information :: Announcements-
Jump to: